- ¾ cup (175 mL) whole barley flour
- ½ cup (125 mL) all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) granulated sugar, optional
- ¼ cup (50 mL) cold butter
- 4 to 5 tbsp (50 to 65 mL) cold water
In food processor, combine flours, sugar and butter. Process just until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add water and process until mixture holds together. Shape into a ball. On a lightly floured surface, roll into a circle slightly larger than a 9 inch (23 cm) pie plate. Gently fold in half and lift into pie plate. Pinch over-hanging pastry to form an edge. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
Note: Omit sugar when crust is to be used for savoury fillings.
Makes one 9 inch (23 cm) pie crust.
Nutrition Information (per serving): Calories: 114; Protein: 1 g; Carbohydrate: 13 g; Fibre: 1 g; Sugars: 0 g; Fat: 7 g; Saturated Fat: 3.5 g; Trans Fat: 0.2 g; Cholesterol: 15 mg; Sodium: 51 mg; Potassium: 10 mg