- 1 ½ cups (375 mL) whole barley flour
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) baking powder
- 1 tsp (5 mL) salt
- 1 tsp (5 mL) dry mixed herbs (oregano, thyme, basil, rosemary)
- 1 (250 g) container 2% cottage cheese
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) milk
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) canola oil
In a medium bowl, combine flours, baking powder, salt and herbs. In a food processor or blender, process cottage cheese, milk and oil and add to flour mixture, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened.
With lightly floured hands, shape into a ball. Place on a greased baking sheet and gently pat into a 3/4 inch (2 cm) thick circle. With a floured knife, cut circle into 10 wedges; separate each wedge slightly and bake in a 400°F (200°C) oven for 25 to 30 minutes until browned and a cake tester inserted comes out clean.
Makes 10 pieces.
Nutritional Information (per piece/wedge): Calories: 167; Protein: 4 g; Carbohydrate: 18 g; Fibre: 2 g; Sugars: 2 g; Fat: 11 g; Saturated; Fat: 1 g; Trans Fat: 0 g; Cholesterol: 3 mg; Sodium: 430 mg; Potassium: 36 mg