Created by: Chef Mike Ward
Created by Chef Mike Ward, this Thai Beef and Barley Salad is fresh twist on a classic pairing. With Asian spices and fresh herbs, this hearty salad is perfect as a meal or appetizer this spring and summer.
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp minced ginger
- 1/3 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 cups cooked barley (either pot or pearl)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup red onion, thinly chopped
- 2 finely chopped red chilies (optional)
- 1/3 cup crushed peanuts
- 1/2 cup fresh mint
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- 8 oz steak, cooked to your liking
Whisk the dressing ingredients together and set aside. Combine remaining salad ingredients and gently mix with dressing.