Jane Dummer, RD
Jane Dummer, RD, is a leading dietitian for the food and nutrition industry. A media contact, speaker, columnist, blogger, researcher and consultant, Jane believes in partnering with organizations to assist them to grow with nutrition.
- Jane is known as Canada’s farm field-to-consumer-plate dietitian. Jane is an expert in nutrition with a passion for food. After graduating from the University of Guelph with honours and completing a dietetic internship at Hamilton Health Sciences, Jane travelled extensively, experiencing food in many different cultures. In Sorrento, Italy, Jane enjoyed cooking classes in a family’s home, learning about authentic flavours, preparation and cooking techniques. Jane takes pleasure in sharing her enthusiastic and versatile approach to food and nutrition with her clients.
- For more than a decade, Jane has been a sought after, engaging speaker about food and nutrition. During the past two years, using her expertise and knowledge about adult learning principles, Jane has developed and facilitated more than 20 speaking presentations. Speaking topics include Agri-food for Health Aging, Fresh on the Menu, Shaking the Salt Habit and Superfoods for Health.
- As a food and nutrition communications specialist and writer, Jane is a columnist for Bakers Journal and MOST magazine. Jane is a guest blogger for SOS cuisine. As a go-to media contact, Jane has been quoted for the past 10 years in numerous publications, including Today’s Parent, MacLean’s, Toronto Star and Chatelaine. Jane has been a regular guest on the 570 News Food Show.
- Jane has been a spokesperson for the Dairy Farmers of Canada, Danone, Dietitians of Canada – Nutrition Month, Maple Leaf Foods, and Unilever, appearing on CTV, CKCO-TV, Rogers, The Weather Channel, CHUM FM, CKGL AM and K-Lite FM.
- Jane’s recent research study, The Health Check program prompts sodium reduction in Canadian food products was published online in February 2012 in the Canadian Journal of Dietetic Practice and Research http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22397960.
- Jane is a regular blogger on her business’s website Grow with Nutrition www.janedummer.com/blog/ and is active on Twitter and LinkedIn as part of her business’s social media strategy and for client and consumer engagement.
- Jane’s hobbies include golfing, cycling, hiking, yoga, Pilates and she walks half marathons annually.
- Jane is member of the Waterloo Wellington Flying Club and a past member of the Kitchener Grand River Rotary Club.
Jane Dummer’s column, The Barley Balance, appears monthly on GoBarley.com.