Eat it at home or take it to go in a mason jar, this barley breakfast is easy to work into your weekly line up when you keep cooked barley in the fridge.
Agriculture is a huge part of everyday life and Aggie Day’s in Calgary, AB, is a great way to show our younger generation how things go from the ground to the store.
There is always the question—how much of it and what type of fibre is necessary for overall health?
The Barley Balance – Fibre Part Two: What is the soluble fibre beta-glucan and why is it important for heart health?
As it was discussed in Fiber Part One, barley is a rich source of both soluble and insoluble fibre. It has a large amount of the viscous, soluble fibre, beta-glucans.
Dieticians recommend eating 80 per cent of meals and snacks as whole foods (meals prepared from scratch) and the other 20 per cent from processed, convenience and restaurant foods.